Automotive Night Vision
- Thermal camera for automotive night vision
- Thermal sensor 384 x 288 pixels, 17µm pixel pitch
- Athermalized lens 18.8mm f1.0
- HFOV 19.4°, VFOV 14.6° (Specially designed for automotive night vision)
- 2t, 32mm Ge window with DLC coating with built-in heater for defrosting
- Size: 57mm (W) x 57mm (H) x 65.4mm (L)
Detecting Humans, Animals or Objects on the road at Night
COX have developed a thermal camera for automotive night vision applications.
COX have supplied to motors companies in cooperation with the LG group, who have developed the tracking software. The advantage of using this camera in a vehicle enables the user to detect humans or animals in the dark. Under normal circumstances these would remain unseen until it was too late to act safely.
Driving at night can be more hazardous as visibility is reduced. This camera can highlight potential hidden dangers, giving more time to react to situations that would normally not be within your control.
The processing algorithm of the thermal camera is prepared in such a way, that the tracking software for detecting anything with a certain body temperature has a very high probability.
COX have developed the Thermal Imager with QVGA Gen2 and VGA Gen2 thermal detectors from ULIS in France. And in partnered with another Company to develop the ECU tracking software.
A compact thermal imaging camera that can significantly reduces the hazards of night time driving.
Automotive Night Vision helps drivers to detect and monitor potential hazards on or near the road.
Recognise humans, animals, or objects in total darkness, smoke, rain and snow.
Integration into military vehicles, or aftermarket commercial vehicle applications.
Automotive Nigth Vision (CN300T)
- Passenger or commercial vehicles
- Thermal imager
- ECU with built-in tracking software
- (Display unit not included)
- LVDS cable between camera and ECU
- Video cable (HDMI or Composite)
- Power cable (cigar jack)
- Released in partnership with tracking software company for automotive night vision
- Athermalised lens for automotive night vision.
- Image quality is better even though it is an athermalised lens
COX can apply the thermal camera for automotive night vision to other applications.
COX are currently working on a special project installing the CN300M with a wider view angle lens (FOV about 50°) on military vehicles for driving at relatively slow speeds without turning on the headlights in the dark.